Thursday, June 2, 2011

Experiencing Opposition

Two days ago it was really hot. I complained vocally and in my mind several times throughout the day. Yesterday it was a little cooler but still hot. Now, today as we were walking to the library I complained about it being relativily chilly. It is also windy which added to the chill factor. Yesterday we were talking to somone and he mentioned how if you never have a bad day, in relation to work and jobs, you never appreciate the good days. That applies to the weather just as well. If I have never been too hot or too cold than I would never appreciate or even realize that the temperature is just right. In fact it applies to everything. The prophet Lehi taught his son this principle of opposition. In a spiritual sense we need the opposition of good and evil in order to choose to be good or evil. Lehi also taught his son that opposition is provided for us so that we can exercise our agency by choosing to follow Christ. These teachings are found in chapter 2 of 2 Nephi. Please use the links to read the scriptures I'm referencing. Though it is super nice to have a perfect day I am grateful for days that are less than perfect. Even when the bad days far out number the good days, they help me appreciate the good days just that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment