Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eternal Perspective

One of the hardest things of this life is looking beyond it. 1 Corinthians 15: 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. Because of the Fall we are mortal. Because we are mortal we will die. Because of the Atonement and Ressurection Christ broke the bands of death. (Mosiah 15: 9,20,23). Because Christ did that we can live immortal lives. (Romans 8:16-17). The amount of peace and joy we receive and have after this life depends on what we do in this life. (Alma 34:32-34). This can be related to the difference between immediate gratification and lasting comfort and happiness. All of the commandments that our Heavenly Father has given us are for the purpose of bringing us the most joy in eternity. From our perspective most see the commandments as things we "can't do". I have been asked repeatedly why I can't do some things. My response is usually, "I CAN do these things. I CHOOSE not to becuase I have enough faith in God to know that by living and obeying His commandments I will have joy tomorrow instead of brief happiness today with guilt and shame tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment