Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Scriptures

Throughout school we use books as guides for learning what's required of us to know to pass a class. We also have a teacher or professor that helps us learn the material in the book. The teacher or professor also gives us more specific knowledge pertaining to their class. So when we have a question or are given one by the teacher or from the book, we search through the book to find a chapter or section that is about that specific question. If we have trouble finding or understanding the answer we ask friends and others in the same class for help. If they can't help us then we usually end up asking the teacher. And we can follow this pattern for several different subjects: math, science, history, language etc. What about the subject of life? such as, What is the purpose of life? What happens after we die? Did I exist before being born? Where we find the answers to these questions is from the scriptures. Scriptures are the writings of prophets, both ancient and modern day. So when we have a question about life search the scriptures for an answer. If you are having a hard time finding or understanding the answer ask a friend. That is where I come in. I have dedicated two years of my life to be your friend. I am here to help you find and understand the answers to your questions. If I am unable to help you than you need to ask the Teacher. The Teacher of this subject is our Heavenly Father. James 1:5 says, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." Heavenly Father wants us to, not only know our purpose in life, but also know Him and His son Jesus Christ. We learn about these things through His servants the prophets and their writings called scriptures.

1 comment:

  1. This so true Elder!Alma37:38-44 tells that the scripture is like our Liahona it will show us the way to return to our Father in Heaven.I know this true,I have notice that my day goes a lot better when I have spent the morning in the scriptures at times i get so hungry for the Word of Christ, I have go the Gospel Buffet.I love the scriptures,I love the prophet Joseph Smith and Most of all I love My Father in Heaven and My Savior! Keep up the Work and walk Tall.

    ReplyDelete